Wednesday, August 6, 2008

News from HK

The last days have been quite nice. I have been walking around, seeing the markets, going in and out of buildings as there is not much cultural stuff to see (they have to destroy the old building to do new ones), trying some asian food and seeing some sights.

Here are some photos I took on the last days.

Photo taken at night from the peak

A residencial area in Hong Kong

A business district

A street in a rush hour

Ladies Market

The Tian Tan Buddha Statue in the Lantau Island.


Hong Kong's Symphony of Lights everyday at 8pm on HK (This video is not mine, my camera is pretty shitty with video)


Yesterday at night I went to the Pacific Place Cinema I heard it was one of the best ones in Asia. Well in my opinion although the architecture was pretty cool it was not much different than any cinema I used to go in Portugal.

Today most of the stores are closed and there is a sign everywhere that says typhoon level 8. I'm not going to stay in the hotel so let's see what happens :) More info about the typhoon here.

No comments: