Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Arrival to HK

Just wanted to let you all know that the trip went well. I arrived to Hong Kong 2 days ago after a 12 hours flight from London.
After I arrived a nice girl from couchsurfing came to pick up, we went to have dinner together, I had the chance to try some chinese dishes (rice cake and some spicy noodles) and she showed me a bit of the city.
On the next day I walked almost all day around the HK island and at night I went to see the victoria peak. On my way back I decided to come back by foot because there was something like a 1 hour line to get on the tram, well it was a huge mistake, I had walk more than 3 hours to get back to the center of HK.


The thing that impressed me most in this city was the size of the buildings. Hong Kong is the city with more skyscrapers and one of the most dense places in the world. Hong Kong's skyline is ranked the best skyline in the world. 4 of the 18 tallest skyscrapers in the world are here.

A panoramic view of northern Hong Kong Island between North Point in the east (left) and Central in the west (right).

1 comment:

Tiago said...

Filipe, quanto pensas gastar com isso? Quanto custou a viagem?
Abraço